Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PowerPoint...so much more than a slideshow


Well I thought I knew PowerPoint...it has become evident after today's tutorial that I was unaware of 99% of PowerPoint's capabilities. I feel as though I have a brand new tool to use in the classroom. Prior to today's lesson I honestly believed PowerPoint to be a tired, outdated program that had been well surpassed by more sophisticated and complex tools. I can now admit that I was unaware you could even embed a sound file using PowerPoint. After my "re-introduction" to PowerPoint today I have been searching for more information on this understated tool.


PowerPoint is a wonderful tool for learning in both a student and teacher-centred learning environment. It has the capabilities to add a whole new dimension to learning allowing the learning manager to explain abstract concepts while catering for all learning styles.


The following link may prove useful to you if, like me, you felt underwhelmed by PowerPoint http://www.powerfulpoints.com.au/presentation_gallery.html


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree with you. PowerPoint has advanced over the years and has very sophisticated features, as you can even embed videos! But the quality of the end presentation is determined by the users ability to utilise PowerPoint's tools and features.

    ReplyDelete