Thursday, July 29, 2010

Images


I uploaded this image from Flickr in the "Creative Commons" section. I learned this week that if I use copyright free images I do not have to reference them.....what a great time saver! I will find this especially useful if I am searching for an image to use in the classroom on short notice.
I chose the Mona Lisa as a useful learning resource for my grade three class on EPL. Our unit this term is "Who put the Art in Artist?" and we are researching and writing a bibliography on some famous artists. I imagine using this image in a number of ways. Apart from the obvious being to accompany a bibliography of report, I have conjured up images of students using the image tools we played with in this week's tutorial to modify and "improve" the painting. We could experiment by dropping the children's photos in as Mona Lisa's face. This image could also be used as a model for students to recreate the pose and photograph themselves.
The opportunities for using images in the classroom are endless. As our unit this term is heavily Art based, I will benefit from using the images as inspiration and motivation for the student's own creativity.....the world is at their little fingertips....
I have chosen the following podcast to accompany my image. This is an audio podcast of an artist in Pennsylvania names Bonnie. Bonnie teaches people how to paint in the United States. The artist tells some inspirational stories of how people, who thought they could not paint, created beautiful and wonderful pieces of art purely by having a go and believing in themselves. An inspirational and relevant quality to expose every young artist to.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tasha, I like the idea of having the visual image supported by an audio file - great for different learning styles. Had you thought of the students making their own podcasts to accompany the changes that they make in their images? What a great way to offer differentiation in assessment. Or they could use podcasting to demonstrate art criticism - each constructing their own critique of a famous work of art - giving each learner opportunities to show a deep understanding of the message of the artist in their own words.

    ReplyDelete